April 20, 2012

Clarins Everlasting Foundation {Review}


It's been rather a long time since I've done a makeup review on the blog, I will blame that on getting engaged and starting my practical teaching this year for my Teaching Diploma (and of course general life that get's in the way of good blogging!). But here we are with a foundation review.
I've had this Clarins Everlasting Foundation for a while now. I use it in between other products (like my favourite Revlon Concealer and Yardley Powder which is my staple everyday base wear) but when I'm looking for that extra bit of coverage I haul it out. 

I have only given it a 3/5 for coverage, becasue I find my skin gets quite oily when I wear a heavier amount of the product. It does blend easily, but there's just something about it that doesn't make me go wow! Of course when you go to the counter and the lady there puts it on with all her fancy brushes, and fancy words it looks amazing. But when you get home and it's just you; foundation in one hand, brush in the other, it's a completely different story. And, to be honest, the only everlasting thing about this foundation is the actual product in the bottle. It has lasted me ages!

In terms of prettyness, I love the packaging. It's clean and simple (although a tad of the heavy side, being glass) but it does look nice on my shelf. Price, well at around R350 a pop, it doesnt come cheap. 
Overall, I give this foundation a 3/5. It's useful, but it doesn't really blow my hair back, and if you have even a slightly oilier skin, I would steer clear of this one.