January 6, 2013

Our Wedding (bouquets)

For my wedding bouquets I spent hours on sites like Pinterest, 100 Layer Cake & The Pretty Blog trying to find the perfect photograph that contained all my idea's. But as so often happens when you have too many idea's, I was left overwhelmed and no closer to finding the perfect combination of flowers. Eventually Gail (half of my wonderful flower team) suggested meeting at the florist and playing around with different flower combinations and seeing what made my heart flutter...what a fantastic idea that was!

However, 2 weeks before our wedding (click here for more of our wedding photo's!), the flowers I had ordered weren't available and, to cut a long story short, I just told Gail to do her best with what we had.

And...I couldn't have been more delighted with what I ended up with.

It was pretty, soft, elegant and pastel!

I had always wanted my bridesmaids to have paper flowers, and had planned to make them myself. That was until I saw Denise's paper roses at the I Heart Market in Durban 2 months before the wedding. Denise, owner of Freshly Found in Durban was so wonderful and I ended up ordering 20 of her finest roses! And I was thrilled at how they came out...thank you Denise, they were everything I had hoped for and more!

{Photographer: Jacki Bruniquel}
{Flowers: Midlands Flower Hub Pietermaritzburg}
{Paper Roses: Freshly Found}