January 18, 2013

Nail polish 101


It has taken me a while to learn the best tips and tricks for making my nail polish stay put, without peeling and chipping after the first day.

But as our bodies are just about unique as our fingerprints, your nail bed and therefore the strength of your nails will vary from person to person.

BUT saying this, I am just about certain that using a base coat and top coat when painting your nails will improve the durability of your manicure!
A base coat prepares your nail bed for the polish, and will prevent your nails from yellowing (while increasing the durability of your polish). The top coat seals in your colour, helping to prevent the polish from chipping. I just love express dry drops from Essence, it contains {magical} powers which never fail to dry my polish in a flash!

These are my favourite polish basics at the moment:


You can get your hands on all of the above at selected Dischem and Clicks stores.  The TipTop base coat at time of sale was R39.99 and the Essence nail products ranged from R19.99 to about R39.99...very reasonable.

If you try these out, let me know if they have made you happy or not :)

xxx