September 1, 2012

Last day of a 7 week journey...

Yesterday marked the last day of my 7 week teaching practical at a school in the centre of town here in Pietermaritzurg. I am doing my Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGCE) which is a year course, through the University of Kwazulu-Natal. I've loved every second of the course, most especially this last practical. It was an amazing journey of discovery for me, and I went through lots of highs, and lots of lows through the process. One can either leave a school like this feeling depressed about the state of our country's education system, or you can choose to see the positive side of it, and see the smiles every day, ad the willingness to learn despite every adversity.

To say thank you, each 'group' in my class prepared a little card and box of goodies to give me, but really, they gave me so much more than I could ever give them. They gave me hugs, smiles, laughs and a lot of very special memories.