July 10, 2012

Spruce Salon in Morningside, Durban {Review}

On friday afternoon, I had the pleasure of meeting Katy, therapist & owner of Spruce 
{a delightful Salon} which she recently opened in Morningside Durban. 

Ladies, if you need a break from reality and love the thought of being pampered, surrounded by orchids while sipping on an apple & mint cordial, then why not book yourself in for a {treat}ment at Spruce.


First, a few questions to get to know the lady behind the brand...

Q: Where is your favourite place to spend a saturday afternoon?
Wherever family and friends are.

Q: If you could go back in time and tell your 5 year old self anything, what would it be?
Listen to your gut!

And now for a little more about Spruce...

Q: Have you always been interested in beauty? Has owning your own salon always been a dream of yours?  
Absolutely! I remember doing D.IY facials at home on whoever would let me, with all sorts of interesting concoctions from the fridge and pantry – those poor skins! Ive always been fascinated by hand-healing therapies, the power of good products and self-improvement in general, so becoming a beauty therapist was a bit of a no-brainer, and of course owning my own salon was always the ultimate goal.





Q:Tell us the story behind the name, Spruce.
It just came to mind when I Was brainstorming for names. I wanted something short, sweet and catchy that embodied what I do how I want my clients to feel when they’ve walked out my doors – spruced-up!

Q: What is your most popular treatment with your clients?
Both the ESSE and Dr. Babor facials and extremely popular – its a total head-to-toe pamper. And I cant keep up with the Shellac nails – its a life-changing product!



Q: Do you offer any signature treatments?
My facials are definitely unique in that I combine a whole array of techniques to create a very relaxing and beneficial treatment. I also offer a hot lava-shell massage which is similar to the traditional hot stone massage but so much more indulgent!

 Q: What skincare brands do you stock?
I use and sell ESSE (100% organic) which is an incredibly nourishing and healing product that anyone can use and it is extremely powerful in treating all of the common skin conditions such as acne, eczema, dryness etc. Im totally hooked! And then for anyone wanting to turn back the clock and totally transform dull, tired and aging skin Dr Babor is magic-wand of beauty products that guarantees instant results – you literally watch the lines disappear in minutes – its your botox and fillers without the needles!



I had the most wonderful Esse facial when I was there, a full head to toe treatment. All i can say is that Katy, in the few weeks before my wedding, I hope your schedule is free so I can see you for lots and lots of pre-wedding 'sprucing' up!