October 12, 2011

Vichy...'Health Is Beautiful'

Vichy has got to be one of my absolute favourite skin care brands. Ever since I first tried out their Foaming cleanser a few years ago I have been hooked. However, I am a bit of a sucker for packaging, (Farmboy has often likened me to a crow pursuing shiny things) and so hop and change products like there's no tomorrow. Its also really frustrating that products don't have the same life span. Cleanser always finishes before toner and night cream just never seems to finish :) Well, I recently decided to spoil myself, and Vichy was at the top of my list after visiting AlphaCare Pharmacy in Ballito and finding out about their free facials!! Yes ladies, you heard me, free Vichy facials at selected Pharmacies! Check out their Facebook page for more details...anyway, where was I...ah yes, here are the following products I have added to my face care routine:


Purete Thermale Purifying Water R173.95

Skin Radiance Revealer


With an easy to use pump, water is dispensed as a soft foam which deeply cleanses skin. I love the feel of the foam, and the fact that my skin is never left dry after use. This cleanser is suitable for all skin types. It is allergy tested and soap free, making this the ideal all-rounder cleanser. It even removes all traces of makeup :) My favourite Vichy product!

Purete Thermale 3 in 1 Cleansing Micellar Solution R198.35


This awesome cleanser does everything a girl could want: 1 Cleanses the skin, 2. Removes eye makeup, 3. Soothes the skin. It's a cleanser, makeup remover and toner all rolled into one! even though it does all of the above, I use it after my foaming cleanser, to really make my skin squeaky clean. But sometimes, you just don't feel like getting your face wet, and thats where this cleanser is super cool. It is super gentle on skin, being alcohol, soap and colourant free!

Normaderm Refine Total Pore Resurfacing Essence R213.35


This product was recommended to me by the Vichy consultant when I told her I was looking for a sort of *gentler* kind of dermabrasian. Parts of my skin, particularly my T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) is uneven and with some scaring from breakouts. I have been using it night and day for 1 week now, and havent really noticed a huge difference, but am waiting to see the results after another week or 2. This product claims to be a pore micro-peel and pore firming, hopefully leading to smaller pores and less breakouts! 
Being an essence, it is very easy to blend in, and absorbs very quickly into my skin, without hindering my moisturiser or makeup application :)

Capital Soleil 50+ Protective Micro-Fluid Face R152.15


Living in sunny South Africa it is of the utmost importance that we wear suncream to protect our skin. Not just because of getting wrinkles and developing that "leather" look, but for health reasons too. Protecting our skin from the harmful rays means less money on skin care products and makeup later in life. We all know this, so then why is it that I had only invested in a good quality face suncream recently!? Well, I have a million reasons I could give you (too expensive, too much of a mission to use, makes my skin oily...bla, bla, bla). After finally coming to y senses, I can safely say this is the best face suncream I have ever used, It is a little on the pricy side, but it never leave my skin greasy and has such a pleasant fragrance, i really don't mind the extra few seconds it takes me to put on.

So there you have it :)

 Just a little note on my product reviews...all of the makeup and other products have been bought with my own (mostly *hard earned*) money, and I have not been approached to review them by companies. However, if, by some miraculous chance I am asked to review a product (*hint hint*) I will always let you know so that you get a 100% honest review out of me :)