July 22, 2011

Laptop say *hello* to *lulu*

Today, I got a very exciting sms from the lovely people at the post office:

"Hello from Postnet Fourways! You have an international parcel ready for collection"

I have only been waiting for about 5 months to place my order of the *parcel* and with it being my birthday last week, not only did I bake myself cupcakes, I got spoilt with an order of one of these little guys all the way from Hong Kong.

Ladies and Gents, I now present to you, the one, the only...HelloLulu


You see, laptop bags (well, nice ones anyway) are really hard to come by here in South Africa. Sure they sell those squishy 'covers' in bright funky colours, but at R500+ a pop for a 15inch one, that can only hold the laptop and nothing else, I think I'll pass. So, in December last year, while waiting to board our return flight from the Philippines (click here for more info on that) I came across the delightful *HelloLulu* brand. I kicked myself afterwards for not buying one when I saw it (I guess I didn't have a nice new Mac then, just a teeny weeny netbook) so I suppose that was my reasoning...fair enough!

 A few months back, after stalking their online store, they announced they were delivering internationally. And here we are, 5 months down the line and I am now the proud new owner of my very own stylish laptop bag...with the following features...yay!

External velcro-secured side slip pocket for mp3/cell phone for quick access


Interior compartment for personal belongings, key ring tether and laptop gear
Rear magazine pocket with velcro closure
Custom-designed metal stand to keep the bag off the floor
Adjustable shoulder strap and reinforced soft-grip handles
Zippered front panel pocket
Padded laptop compartment that can fit up to 15-inch Macbook Pro


There are brands like ChocChip which are great, but for a little more moola, I'd much rather have something special :)


Sean the Sheep enjoying his few moments in the spotlight
So, in total, the bag cost: 
$65 actual bag
$22 shipping
R198 duty tax when collecting it at the post office (sneaky!)
= R807 

Have a squizz at their website, they make loads of different types of bags (for ipad's, camera's and for general travel) and they all come in a HuGe array of different colours!

Im off to go try out my new bag, by packing it, re-packing, and then re-packing it again...fun :)