December 2, 2013

Photography Styling Challenge {Order}


Today is the third month that I have been contributing to the wonderful Photography Styling Challenge that Redesigned By M started back in June this year. 
My first submission was Morning {click here} and then Bedroom {click here}. Each theme or concept is open to interpretation by the photographer, and it has been awesome seeing how each of us has handled the theme in a different way.

This week's theme is Order (organization) and there are elements in this theme that we have to use for the next theme, which is Chaos.
So that sure made things a bit tricky.


The photographs cannot be edited in anyway (this was so hard for me and the horrid green tables and artificial light in the classroom just wan't doing my images any favours) but I was able to resist. Also, only five images can be posted, this is always difficult for me as I am tend to take so many photographs and I struggle to choose the best ones. Each one appeals to me in a different way. So yes, this series has been challenging, but I've learnt so much about myself as a photographer and about my equipment too. 

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I love all things pretty, and dainty, and full of pastel and pretty pink bows. But, as this is a photography challenge, I really wanted to challenge myself to take some photographs that are different from my usual subject matter. I decided to shoot one of my classrooms here in South Korea. At the start of the school day all the students have all their things in order, and wait patiently for the school bell to announce the start of the day. By late afternoon, the classroom is in complete disarray. Papers flying all over the show, girls screaming, hair curlers lying on desks and milk cartons scattered about. It's quite a sight. You can check back next month for photographs of the chaos of a Girls Middle School.

For now, here are a few shots of order and calm at the start of a school day.


Make sure to pop on over to the other members of our team, to see their interpretation of Order: