October 21, 2013

My Girls Middle School {Sports Day}

A little glimpse into my life here in South Korea, teaching English at an all girls middle school. Middle School is the in between stages of Elementary & High School (we don't have such a thing in South Africa, we just have Primary & High School). I am officially qualified as a Foundation Phase Teacher, and so am equipped to deal with the ages of five to nine years. Not sixteen year old girls! But, my girls are just so lovely, and I so enjoy the time I have with them. I think I have been very lucky with my school placement, had I been put into a mixed school, with sixteen year old boys, I think I would have a very different outlook on life.

So here you go, some jump rope, tug of war and volleyball, throw in a healthy mix of peace signs and you have your typical South Korean school...