June 8, 2013

Chocolate Brownies {recipe}

I made these delicious chocolate brownies again, and every time I do I am (or rather my tummy is!) thrilled with what comes out of the oven.
125g butter
45g cocoa powder
2 large eggs
200g castor sugar
150 self raising flour
60g chopped dark chocolate
makes 12 brownies

**I doubled the recipe and ended up making about 35 delicious, melt-in-your-mouth brownies**

1. Melt the butter. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa. 
2. Beat the eggs until light, add the sugar and beat well. Stir in the cocoa mixture. Sift in the flour, and fold in along with the chocolate.
3. Pour into a greased and lined 20cm square tin. Bake in a pre-heated oven  for 25 mins or until cooked through but still moist. 


Don't forget to store them in an unusual looking tin for safe keeping!