May 29, 2013

Dove Deep Repair Treatment Mask {review}

Winter always leaves me feeling like I've been left out in a desert for days, and it's not just my skin that takes a beating. My hair feels (and looks!) dry and ill cared for, and I'm often to be found patrolling the aisles of Dischem looking for the latest hair care offering.  I picked up this little beauty in Pick n Pay (I know, most people would never admit that publicly!) and thought I'd share my thoughts...

I have really been loving this treatment hair mask from Dove's Nourishing Oil Care range of hair products. Not only does it smell heavenly, but it leaves my tresses silky soft, and without the tell tale oiliness of most hair masks. 
The packing looks great, but is a bit of a pain to travel with, as it doesn't really 'fit' well with the other goodies in my toiletry bag. Nonetheless, a small price to pay really for such a great product. 
Once applied, the creamy textures glided on smoothly and easily right through to the ends of my hair. My hair is really long, and tends to get very knotty at the ends. Once applied, my hair felt velvety soft, and my comb slid right through without a pull or a tug in sight.


After a quick rinse, my hair was left feeling clean and fresh (I am currently using L'oreal Elvive Re-Nutrition Shampoo) and silky soft. The fragrance is light and lasts even after blow drying. I use it 3 times a week, in place of my regular L'oreal Elvive Re-Nutrition conditioner.
All in all, I am very happy with this new addition to my beauty regime. Get your hands it at most Clicks/Dischems/Checkers/Pick n Pay's from -+R53.