July 25, 2012

My School for the next 7 weeks...

I am currently doing my Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) through the University of Kwazulu Natal here in Pietermaritzburg. It's only a year course, and along with lectures every day, we have to complete over 11 weeks of practical training in schools. I did my first 5 week practical at a very good ex-model C (thats the new flashy name for Government School) in April, and am currently doing my final 7 week practical at a school in town. It's been a completely different experience for me, one that I have been very excited to sink my teeth into. 

It has been eye opening to say the least (not to mention a little scary at times, especially being greeted by 'No Gun' signs every morning as I walk through the school gates, but I have to and say I am loving it so far!

Here are a few snaps of my class for next few weeks...