November 24, 2011

#30DaysOfMe...Day 12

Day 12- How you found out about Blogger and why you made one


Source: Decor8
I started blogging at the beginning of 2010 when Farmboy and I embarked on our journey to teach English in South Korea. I did what every other foreigner who goes overseas does...I started to document my 'awesome' life so all of my family and friends could track our adventures. I don't know whether it was the fact that I was bored of reading about other peoples oh-so-cool lives, but I thought to myself..."Who cares what I get up to on the weekend?". Am i just trying to show everyone what they are missing out on? So I decided to change my blog into a sort of travel guide to South Korea...and once I got into it (we did have rather a lot of free time with  rather a lot of free uncapped internet) Farmboyandcitygirlhitasia the blog, went 'dotcom'. 


So now with 2 blogs all about South Korea, what on earth was I going to do when I touched back down on South African soil? Well, start another blog of course! This time, a more 'life style' blog with all sorts of bits and pieces about markets to visit, make up, places to stay, recipes and ideas for things to make and do in and around South Africa. I say "around South Africa" as the hope is to go do more traveling around the African continent :) One blog step at a time!

*click here to find out what these post's are all about*