September 26, 2011

Body Shop *Beauty Haul*

I first came across the term Beauty "Haul" on ViviannaDoesMakeup. Vivianne is a gorgeous, UK based beauty junkie who does super informative videos and photo posts on all things makeup. The term isn't new, I see it all over the place on international blogs, but I have yet to spy it on the South African field...
Here is my latest haul:


My skin has been especially dry, with winter drawing to a close, and I was on the hunt for a new night cream. The Vitamin E range of products is mild and gentle, whilst still doing what it says on the tub. The face wash gets rid of all traces of makeup and impurities, without drying out my skin, leaving it feeling soft and clean. The night cream does leave my skin feeling a little oily when I wake up. Before using it, my skin was incredibly dry, so a little bit of extra oil has been good for. 
For as long as I can remember, the skin on my nose has always been dry and flaky, no matter what I do. I've tried exfoliating, masks, suncream (as my mom insists it's because I keep getting sunburnt), moisturisers, you name it I've bought it. But the one thing I hadn't tried, was a serum. After cleansing and toning, you massage the serum into your skin, before applying your moisturiser...and voila! My nose has been flake free since I started using this moisture serum. And the best part, it doesn't make my skin oily at all! 



If your skin is on the oily side, this range of products wouldn't be very suitable. I would recommend this range for normal to dry skins, and those in need of a bit of a moisture surge.

Night Cream R110
Moisture Serum R120
Facial Wash R70
Total R230

The Body Shop is having a super awesome sale at the moment, 2 for 3 on selected products. I picked these up for R230...not bad if I do say so myself :)