August 31, 2011

Q&A with Sara of *LuckyYouHandMade*


I have loved getting to know the wonderfully talented Megan of ChinaDollIllustrations, and Jess of HelloThula. Here's a chance for you to get to know the creative soul behind the blog LuckyYouHandMade!

 Q) First of all, for those readers who have yet to see your blog, what is it that you do?


 I do many things but my focus is on felt brooches, lace and embroidery accessories and I also make paper mache dolls


Q) What materials do you use/prefer to use?

I mainly use hand dyed felt but I love using silk as well.



Q) Did you study your craft? Or did it come out of a passion for making pretty things?

I actually studied to be a chef but have always loved making things. 

Q) Is there anything in particular that you absolutely *love* making more than anything else? Why?

I love making my dolls because they always end up with such personality.


Q) You recently had work displayed at the Mr Price 031 Collection, thats incredible! What
was that like?

It was amazing to be involved with such a professional, slick show with all those talented designers- a real ego boost!

Q) Where can we get our hands on your awesome pieces?

I have some things for sale at Con Amore at the La Lucia Mall in Durban but anyone can mail me with any special orders - sara@luckyou.co.za



Awesome, now to just get my bum down to Durbs to get my paws on some of those hairbands....click here to check our Sara's blog and stay up to date with her latest offerings!